April L. Carbone, Ph.D. is a licensed clinical psychologist with expertise in neuropsychological assessment, intervention, and consultation. She completed her Bachelor of Science in Psychology at the University of Michigan and Master of Education in Counseling and Personnel Services from the University of Maryland. Dr. Carbone obtained her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Nova Southeastern University (NSU) and completed fellowship training in neuropsychology at Children’s HealthCare of Atlanta and NSU. She has also completed graduate work and training in school psychology and educational consultation.
Dr. Carbone is licensed in both Illinois and Florida. She has held a number of professional teaching and clinical positions within university and inpatient rehabilitation settings. She currently holds an academic appointment as Adjunct Professor at NSU where she has lectured on topics including child and adolescent neuropsychological assessment, neuropathology, and therapeutic intervention. She is a professional member of the American Psychological Association (APA), National Academy of Neuropsychology (NAN) and the International Neuropsychological Society (INS).
Dr. Carbone’s specialty areas of practice include:
Dr. Carbone provides comprehensive neuropsychological and psycho-educational assessments, detailed analysis of test results, clinically relevant comprehensive reports, personalized intervention strategies, and support in implementing recommendations. She works closely with clients and referring professionals to carefully tailor assessment and treatment to clients’ personal needs and goals.
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Acquired Brain Injury (Stroke, Cerebral Vascular Disorders, Infection)
- Acute and Chronic Medical Conditions
- Adult Learning and Attention Deficit Disorders
- Childhood Learning and Attention Deficit Disorders
- Genetic and Developmental Disorders
Clinical services include:
- Neuropsychological Evaluations (Child, Adolescent, Adult)
- Psycho-educational Evaluations
- Neurobehavioral and School Consultation
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Psychotherapy focused on psychological adjustment to neurological disability
Updated: Mar 20, 2009
© Copyright by Chicago Neuropsychology Group
Top of Page